MSc in Digital Marketing
Required Credits/Units: 180
The programme aims to equip the students with the knowledge and practical skills to develop, manage and lead digital marketing activity. The programme will also develop skills to be able to identify where digital marketing fits within the business environment through critical reflection and practice-based learning.
More specifically the programme aims to enable students to:
- Understand the digital marketing industry.
- Manage the digital marketing function in practice, based on relevant and appropriate management theory and emerging technologies.
- Develop the analytical skills to identify, interpret and respond to the marketing environment and digital marketing capabilities of an organisation.
- Develop the practical skills relating to key software deemed important by industry.
- Carry out independent academic research
- Work professionally and communicate effectively with colleagues
A student successfully completing the programme of study will have acquired the following subject knowledge and understanding as well as skills and other attributes.
A student who is eligible for this award will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate best practice methods for online presence.
2. Demonstrate the ability to use a variety of practical digital tools.
3. Critically apply academic theory to a variety of practical tasks.
4. Use adequate analytic tools and techniques to transform data into actionable insight.
5. Critically evaluate the impact of the business environment in influencing the strategy and success of an organisations digital marketing approach.
6. Critically evaluate potential avenues of digital marketing strategy to create value and improve organisational performance.
7. Develop an understanding of how to design and deliver strategic digital tools to a specified target audience.
8. Develop a critical understanding of the structure and implementation of an effective digital marketing campaign.
9. Critically evaluate key aspects of consumer psychology.
10. Critically analyse human cognitive abilities and how they manifest in a context such as online consumer decision making.
11. Critically evaluate and examine research approaches with particular reference to digital marketing.
12. Develop a research proposal for examining digital marketing within an academic or practical environment.
13. Draw evidenced conclusions and make realistic recommendations underpinned by both data and academic literature.
14. Demonstrate effective time management skills in completing the project within an agreed timescale.
15. Develop a practical understanding of key digital software in the industry.
16. Develop an understanding of the skills and knowledge that the digital industry currently demands.
17. Demonstrate a practical skill base through the creation of a digital portfolio
Postgraduate Certificate Level
Digital Marketing Communications
Digital Consumer Psychology
Data Analysis and Application
Postgraduate Diploma Level
Digital Marketing Strategy and Planning
Experiential Marketing in the Digital Era
Research Methods for Digital Marketing
Postgraduate Award Level
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree in a relevant discipline with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent. Some related professional qualifications at the appropriate level may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent English language qualifications. Students who do not hold the above English language qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where an overall score of 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5) is required.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining why the programme interests the student, what makes the student a suitable candidate, how the programme will benefit the student's career progression and any relevant skills or work experience that will support the application.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.