MSc in Project Management
Required Credits/Units: 180
Educational aims of the programme:
The overall aim of the programme is to develop knowledge, understanding and intellectual and practical skills appropriate to a wide range of project management roles in the global marketplace.
The intention is to provide a stimulating and challenging programme of study resulting in the development of self-reliant, versatile, enterprising and competent project managers.
The programme will offer the appropriate type and level of support as students build their knowledge,understanding and skills to become independent learners for the future.
The specific aims of the programme are to:
1. Develop and/or extend students' exposure to the current and emerging theories and practice of project management
2. Encourage a risk management approach to problem solving
3. Provide opportunities for individual student-centred study in order to develop analytical, critical, problem solving and research skills appropriate to the role of project manager
4. Provide clear career development opportunities to aspiring project managers
5. Provide a dynamic learning environment to facilitate an appreciation of multi-cultural and interdisciplinary project teams
6. Provide a focused understanding of the application of project management theories and strategies to organisations and projects in a global market place.
Postgraduate Certificate Level
Project Management Fundamentals
Project Planning, Executing, Controlling and Closure
Sustainable Construction and Innovation
Postgraduate Diploma Level
Strategic Project Environment
Leadership for Strategic Execution
Postgraduate Award Level
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent in a relevant subject area. Some related professional qualifications at the appropriate level supported by relevant industry experience may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent English language qualifications.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining why the programme interests the student, what makes the student a suitable candidate, how the programme will benefit the student's career progression and any relevant skills or work experience that will support the application.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.
MAMA in Leadership in Education
MA in Mass Communications
MA in International Relations
MA in Education
MA in Criminology and Social Policy
MA in Nursing
MA in Human Resource Management
LLMMaster of Laws
Post Graduate CertificatePostgraduate Certificate in Education (International)
MScMSc in Psychology
MSc in International Public Health
MSc in Digital Marketing
MSc in Computing and Information Systems
MSc in Project Management
MSc in Civil Engineering
MSc in International Transport, Trade and Logistics