Postgraduate Certificate in Education (International)
Required Credits/Units: 60
Educational Aims of the Programme
- To develop informed, knowledgeable, outstanding teachers, espousing creativity and research-informed teaching through deliberate practice;
- To develop students' critical reflection and reflexivity within the field of education and schooling, through analysis, synthesis and evaluation of evidence, theory and practice;
- To enable students to access, assess and effectively apply educational research, advanced scholarship and new insights from the discipline of education (and other related disciplines) in the classroom;
- To develop an understanding of the factors that influence effective, inclusive curriculum design and pedagogy and impact on pupils/learners;
- To provide opportunity for students to achieve their full academic potential at Level 7, through study encouraging self-motivation, self-awareness and application of initiative
- To encourage professional accountability informed by an understanding of evidence based practice;
Target award Learning Outcomes - Postgraduate Certificate
A student successfully completing the programme of study will have acquired the following subject knowledge and understanding as well as skills and other attributes.
A student who is eligible for this award will be able to:
1. Evaluate learning, teaching and assessment in order to inform planning and promote pupil progress
2. Critically analyse and synthesize contemporary educational issues, and educational theory, principles, policy and practice
3. Demonstrate professional accountability and reflective, evidence informed practice
4. Critique and synthesize evidence from a range of sources to inform practitioner inquiry
5. Implement methods of inquiry and reflexivity to investigate, develop and improve practice
6. Evidence ability to support and promote pupil/learner experience through mentoring others and leading practice
7. Design, plan and evaluate effective and inclusive curriculum experiences and pedagogies, drawing on a range of contemporary sources
Postgraduate Certificate Level
Critical Reflection and Developing Practice
Theories and Principles in Education, Teaching and Learning
Inclusive Pedagogy and Evidencing Impact on Learners
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent. Some professional qualifications may also be acceptable. Extensive professional experience may also be considered in exceptional cases.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent English language qualifications. Students who do not hold the above English language qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where an overall score of 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5) is required.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining how the programme of study will benefit the student’s career progression.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
- Applicants must be in a current relevant role, with access to an appropriate classroom or education setting. Therefore, an official confirmation letter from the current employer confirming that the applicant is currently deployed in a teaching position/role is required. Otherwise, applicants who are not in a current, relevant role will be required to take a one-month placement in an appropriate classroom or education setting.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.
MAMA in Leadership in Education
MA in Mass Communications
MA in International Relations
MA in Education
MA in Criminology and Social Policy
MA in Nursing
MA in Human Resource Management
LLMMaster of Laws
Post Graduate CertificatePostgraduate Certificate in Education (International)
MScMSc in Psychology
MSc in International Public Health
MSc in Digital Marketing
MSc in Computing and Information Systems
MSc in Project Management
MSc in Civil Engineering
MSc in International Transport, Trade and Logistics