MA in Human Resource Management
Required Credits/Units: 180
Educational aims of the programme
To produce graduates who will:
- Contribute to the development and implementation of Human Resource Management (HRM) strategy in a range of organisational contexts.
- Critically evaluate organisational HRM strategy and practice within complex and rapidly changing business environments.
- Critically appraise the added value of HRM policies and practices to contemporary organisations.
- Synthesise and analyse complex information from a variety of sources and evaluate its relevance.
- Critically reflect on experience and learning, skills attainment and undertaking continuous professional development (CPD) and lifelong learning
A student successfully completing the programme of study will have acquired subject knowledge and understanding as well as skills and other attributes.
Knowledge and understanding
A student who is eligible for this award will be able to:
- evaluate the contribution of HRM strategy to the achievement of business objectives
- integrate HR strategies with business strategy within the micro and macro environment of contemporary organisations
- design and critique concepts and strategies within the context of effective resourcing, talent management and the changing labour market
- assess the utilisation of performance and engagement to maximise individual contribution and enhance organisational performance
- apply and evaluate theory and practice relating to the changing nature of employment relations in both unionised and non unionised environments
- evaluate strategies for personal and organisational learning and knowledge using appropriate digital technology to support the development of practice
- interpret and analyse data using contemporary research methodologies and techniques
Postgraduate Certificate Level
Developing Academic Business & Leadership Competencies
HR, Development & Performance in Context
Strategic HR and Leadership
Postgraduate Diploma Level
Employment Relations and Legal Framework
Managing and Developing Talent
Research Methods for HR
Postgraduate Award Level
Dissertation and Impact Report
The entry requirements for admission are:
- An accredited UK Honours degree with minimum 2.2 classification or international equivalent AND experience in the field of HR, Training, Development or related area OR aspirations to work in this area which are substantiated in the Personal Statement. Some related professional qualifications at the appropriate level may also be considered.
- Official transcripts from all universities, colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions attended.
- English Proficiency: IELTS (Academic) with an overall score of at least 6.0 (and no individual component lower than 5.5) or equivalent English language qualifications. Students who do not hold the above English language qualifications are required to take the online Academic English Placement Test. This is an IELTS-type test (Reading & Writing) where an overall score of 6.0 (with no individual component lower than 5.5) is required.
- Personal Statement (minimum 500 words) explaining why the programme interests the student, what makes the student a suitable candidate, how the programme will benefit the student's career progression and any relevant skills or work experience that will support the application.
- Up to date CV
- Two references (academic or professional) listed on CV stating referee’s full name, contact details, and relationship to the applicant.
Applications from non-standard applicants are welcome and will be considered individually.
* Entry requirements may vary depending on the programme of study.
MAMA in Leadership in Education
MA in Mass Communications
MA in International Relations
MA in Education
MA in Criminology and Social Policy
MA in Nursing
MA in Human Resource Management
LLMMaster of Laws
Post Graduate CertificatePostgraduate Certificate in Education (International)
MScMSc in Psychology
MSc in International Public Health
MSc in Digital Marketing
MSc in Computing and Information Systems
MSc in Project Management
MSc in Civil Engineering
MSc in International Transport, Trade and Logistics